Who Can You Trust
What to expect when the inevitable seems to be approaching? First and foremost, understand that more than 40,000 homes entered into the foreclosure process last year in Denver and the surrounding areas. This year it is slated to be more. So understand, if you are reading this and you are entering into this timeframe you are not alone. Secondly in the last three years there has been many documented cases of homeowners being scammed and taken advantage of. The Haven Group’s advise to the homeowner is to do your research and find a trusted individual or company to ask honest questions to. Trust your “gut” to point you in the right direction. If someone is trying to sell you something it more than likely means they will benefit more than you will throughout the transaction.
After finding someone to trust comes the difficult part….. asking yourself some honest questions and then answering them.
- Will you be able to come out of this hardship?
- Does it make sense to stay in your home if the value has flipped?
- Has your credit taken the biggest hit or will walking away make it worse?
- Could you be back in the home buying market again in a few years?
- Can you rent in your current neighborhood where your family attends school?